Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/21 19:23:26 UTC

Upcoming events for Cassandra community

*Hey everyone,I just wanted to let you know about some upcoming learning
events that may interest the Cassandra community. These are physical
events, so places where you can get some hands-on training, hear what
others are doing or meet with other people in the community. These are the
ones I’m personally involved in and will be attending. If there are similar
events you would like to promote, just reply here and we can keep
everything in one thread.Cassandra DayThis is a long running event series
that I’m really happy to bring back. The latest version is a one day, hyper
focused event on one thing: Building applications with Apache Cassandra.
They are 6 hours of information and hands-on exercises to give you the
basics. 1. Core Cassandra2. Data Modeling3. Building applicationsThese are
100% free and open to anyone. The only requirement is some knowledge of
application writing and a laptop. We just did two events in Santa Clara
with four more scheduled in North America. We have an event planned for
August 5th in Tokyo, but registration is not opened up yet. Other dates
will follow soon and I’ll announce here. Santa Clara April 23rd:
https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/259966054/
<https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/259966054/>Santa
Clara April 24th:
https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/259966091/
<https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/259966091/>New
York April 30th:
https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-UserGroup-NewYork/events/260347046/
<https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-UserGroup-NewYork/events/260347046/>Atlanta
May 2nd:
https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-User-Group-Atlanta/events/260374100/
<https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-User-Group-Atlanta/events/260374100/>DataStax
AccelerateThis is turning out to be a pretty big event you don’t want to
miss. First, I want to thank all the people that filled out CFP requests.
We had over 200 talks submitted and it was really hard to narrow down to 77
talks. You’ll see a lot of new faces giving talks this year as well as the
familiar community members. Jon Haddad will be talking Cassandra
Performance. Vinay Chella will be telling us how Netflix is getting ready
for Cassandra 4.0. Nate McCall will be delivering the Apache Cassandra
project Keynote. I’ll be there talking about Data Modeling (of course) and
how it fits in today’s serverless app dev world. There is just a lot of
good stuff: https://www.datastax.com/accelerate/agenda
<https://www.datastax.com/accelerate/agenda>If you are new to Apache
Cassandra, we are holding a 1-day bootcamp the day before:
http://bit.ly/DataStaxAccelerate-Bootcamp
<http://bit.ly/DataStaxAccelerate-Bootcamp>There will also be a place to
take The Apache Cassandra Admin and Dev certification exams, free for
anyone who attends: https://academy.datastax.com/certifications
<https://academy.datastax.com/certifications>Washington DC May 21st. One
month away!:  http://bit.ly/DataStaxAccelerate
<http://bit.ly/DataStaxAccelerate>AND Because I’m really excited about the
next announcement, I’m going to enable my best discount code for a while
and open the doors wide for Cassandra community. Discount Code: DevRelFree
ApacheCon/NGCC/Cassandra SummitThis is one I’m really excited to announce,
and you heard it here first, DataStax will be Platinum sponsor this year.
We want to help continue the tradition of Cassandra Summit and be a part of
what I think is the most interesting community of users building
applications today. A real special thank you to Sally Khudairi from the ASF
for working with me the past couple of months to make this a reality. As we
get closer, I’ll be announcing more around this event. Mark your calendars.
September 9-12 and those of you with awesome topics, don’t forget about the
CFP: https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html
<https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html>See you there!Patrick*