Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Richard Linsdale <ri...@theretiredprogrammer.uk> on 2020/06/13 21:45:15 UTC

nbm-maven-plug for java14

I have just upgraded to Netbeans 12.0 and java14 and am have trouble in
getting a suitable version of the nbm-maven-plug which works in this
environment.  Version 4.5 does not accept Java14 compiled classes.  The
documentation for the plugin states the latest version is 4.6-SNAPSHOT,
but I can't find any details of where to find snapshot releases for this
plugin.  Does anyone know the repository url?  Otherwise can I ask when
the 4.6 version is planned to be released (and by implication will be
available from Maven Central).

*Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 12.0

*Java:* 14.0.1; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 14.0.1+7

*Runtime:* OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14.0.1+7

*System:* Mac OS X version 10.14.6 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_GB (nb)

*User directory:* /Users/richard/Library/Application Support/NetBeans/12.0

*Cache directory:* /Users/richard/Library/Caches/NetBeans/12.0

thanks for any information

Richard

RE: nbm-maven-plug for java14

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

nbm-maven-plugin depends on

maven-dependency-analyzer which is "parsing" the bytecode.
As you may notice they do the fix to modern asm 8.0 to be compatible with jdk14
https://github.com/apache/maven-dependency-analyzer/commits/master/pom.xml

But the release is handled by Apache Maven PMC, not NetBeans. We can ask for a release but they may want to delay for their own schedule. My opinion is that we should not block Apache NetBeans release waiting for all the dependencies stack to be updated.

If you clone
https://github.com/apache/maven-dependency-analyzer
clean install locally
if you clone
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-maven-plugin
update pom to 1.11.2-SNAPSHOT for analyzer
then you should be able to do jdk14 build.
(Note that we cannot do release with SNAPSHOT in it. We should wait until 1.11.2 is released.)

I hope it helps

Best Regards
Eric

Posted by Richard Linsdale <ri...@theretiredprogrammer.uk>.