Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/08 16:14:29 UTC

tabs in sources

Hi!

I know this is a highly 'unproductive' and unwelcome task from a developers perspective, so don't slap me - a simple yes or no is enough ;)

What do you think about removing all tabs from the sources and only use spaces?

I know this would mean to do a complete code reformatting but tabs are a big mess and are going to get screwed up often. And now may be the last possible moment for such things.

Don't be rude to me, it was only a question ;)

LieGrue,
strub
“Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind!”
(Sir Terry Pratchett)

Re: tabs in sources

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 8, 2009, at 2:25 PM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Thanks for seconding this, Kevan ;)
>
> I personally would prefer using an already established coding/
> checkstyle ruleset like maven or myfaces instead of having our own
> one. I think myfaces_checks comes very close if we drop the tabs in
> favour to spaces.

Right. I'm not advocating that we *create* one. Just saying that would
be good if we had one that we'd agreed to...

--kevan

Re: tabs in sources

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi;

Tabs spaces is changed to space and eclipse formatter is updated on OpenWebBeans web page. I reformatted all the source codes and commits;

/Gurkan

________________________________
I personally would prefer using an already established coding/checkstyle ruleset like maven or myfaces instead of having our own one. I think myfaces_checks comes very close if we drop the tabs in favour to spaces.

Btw, I looked at the test coverage yesterday, and the result wasn't that bad. It's actually really good compared to a lot of commercial projects I've seen the last 2 decades ;)

Re: tabs in sources

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
please use the

maven-javadoc-plugin-2.4

This version has
<prerequisites>
  <maven>2.0.8</maven>
</prerequisites>

instead.

Re: tabs in sources

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> you may also try the myfaces coding style.

there is one ? ;-)

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf