Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/12/07 07:15:50 UTC

whitespace again (was: Updated jxpath to 1.2 again.)

Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> David Crossley dijo:
>
>>By the way, it was difficult to see from the
>>diff emails what was changed in cocoon.xconf
>>It would be better to do whitespace changes
>>as separate commits.
>
> Yes, I noted that. jEdit, automatically remove trailing spaces. :-(
>
> I will try to take care next time. ;-)

We had a huge discussion on this a while ago
at cocoon-dev. Editors that mess with whitespace
are dangerous. What we agreed there, was that
occasionally a committer who has a proper editor
should correct the whitespace across all files in
one batch, applying a set of whitespace rules.

http://cocoon.apache.org/community/committer.html#whitespace

--David

Re: whitespace again (was: Updated jxpath to 1.2 again.)

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Mar, 7 de Diciembre de 2004, 0:15, David Crossley dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> David Crossley dijo:
>>
>>>By the way, it was difficult to see from the
>>>diff emails what was changed in cocoon.xconf
>>>It would be better to do whitespace changes
>>>as separate commits.
>>
>> Yes, I noted that. jEdit, automatically remove trailing spaces. :-(
>>
>> I will try to take care next time. ;-)
>
> We had a huge discussion on this a while ago
> at cocoon-dev. Editors that mess with whitespace
> are dangerous. What we agreed there, was that
> occasionally a committer who has a proper editor
> should correct the whitespace across all files in
> one batch, applying a set of whitespace rules.
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/community/committer.html#whitespace

Ok. I will try to be carefully.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo