Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@cloudera.com> on 2011/11/04 22:00:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.2.0-incubating RC2

This takes care of Patrick's RAT concerns. From now on you can run RAT by:
  $ mvn -Prelease install
at the top level of a project. This is THE only change between RC1 and RC2
and given how cosmetic it is I'd like to think that all the existing
+1 votes don't
need to be recast. Please let me know if that's not the case.

This is the second incubator release for Apache Bigtop, version
0.2.0-incubating.

It fixes the following issues:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12317591&projectId=12311420

*** Please download, test, and vote by Saturday, November 5

Note that we are voting on the source (tag): release-0.2.0-incubating-RC2

Source tarball, checksums, signature:
    http://people.apache.org/~rvs/bigtop-0.2.0-incubating-RC2/

The tag to be voted on:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/tags/release-0.2.0-incubating-RC2/

Bigtop's KEYS file, containing the PGP keys used to sign the release:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/dist/KEYS

Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote on the release after a successful
PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.2.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 (ipmc binding)
>
> verified the checks/sigs, rat looks good and was able to build the ZK
> deb pkg successfully.
>
> note: it would be nice if at the end of the "make zookeeper-deb"
> (etc...) some indication of success/failure was indicated. Also some
> information on what was built and where it was output would also be
> useful.

Thanks for the feedback. I logged a JIRA:

Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.2.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1 (ipmc binding)

verified the checks/sigs, rat looks good and was able to build the ZK
deb pkg successfully.

note: it would be nice if at the end of the "make zookeeper-deb"
(etc...) some indication of success/failure was indicated. Also some
information on what was built and where it was output would also be
useful.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1 (ipmc binding)

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>> Since the official vote cut-off date has passed, I'd like to gently
>> remind that, with 6 "+1" votes from the community members we
>> would be very grateful if somebody from the IPMC can take a look
>> at the bits and give us the feedback.
>
> Hi Roman,
> Is there a KEYS file?  I'm getting a "public key not found" and I
> don't see a KEYS file to import them from?

Is this the one you need:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/dist/KEYS

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.2.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> Since the official vote cut-off date has passed, I'd like to gently
> remind that, with 6 "+1" votes from the community members we
> would be very grateful if somebody from the IPMC can take a look
> at the bits and give us the feedback.

Hi Roman,
Is there a KEYS file?  I'm getting a "public key not found" and I
don't see a KEYS file to import them from?

Thanks,
--tim

Fwd: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.2.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding.

A.

Posted by Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org>.
+1 Builds and installs fine.

Posted by Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org>.
+1 Builds and installs fine.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.2.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding.

A.