Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by dpark <dp...@exchangesolutions.com> on 2009/03/26 21:04:35 UTC

How to parse and map URLs?

I'm looking for any suggestions on the below:

Business Need:
A new partner client would like to leverage our current web application but
allow for some dynamic rebranding (through images).

The application will know which brand images to show based on the format of
the URL.

For example, given the following current request A:
http://domain.com/Login.page

How can I also map the following request B, to go to the exact same page?
http://domain.com/partner/Login.page

(presumably, whatever is going to be parsing the URL will set some sort of
brand context in a session object so that assets can then query it to know
what to show)

Is this a job for a custom Service Encoder (friendly URL)?

Any suggestions are welcome...
(sadly, i think i'll be able to hear a pin drop...)

DP

Re: How to parse and map URLs?

Posted by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu>.
i think we had a discussion on the mailing list a bit back, I think we
were refering to it as "virtual hosting".

Re: How to parse and map URLs?

Posted by Michael Prescott <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to parse and map URLs?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Thiago has checked some code into 5.1.0.2 that gives you greater
control over how URLs are generated and interpreted.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: How to parse and map URLs?

Posted by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com>.