Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/12/02 01:24:15 UTC

rough roadmap for Apollo/Hermes/Muse projects [attached]

Dims, this should answer some of your questions. It roughly outlines
what Sal and I (and anyone else who comes on board) will be working on
for the next three months. Let me know what you think. I'll add this as
a new page on the WS Wiki tomorrow. I'll also update the homepages of
all three projects to clearly state what specs are or will be
implemented by each of them.

Btw, the Muse website is almost done -
http://incubator.apache.org/muse/. I've added a bunch of info on the
project and the MuWS spec, as well as the Muse tutorial.

All dep jars have been removed from my personal repo except one -
commonj-twm.jar. Still waiting to hear back from Cliff on that one.

Ian

Practical use of muse AND building user/dev community (was Re: rough roadmap for Apollo/Hermes/Muse projects [attached])

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Q#1: Who do you think is going to download muse and use it?
Q#2: How can you get those people interested enough to download muse and use it?
Q#3: What it can it do out-of-the-box for a non-developer?
Q#4: What are the other competing technologies/projects out there that
people are using? And how is muse better?
Q#5: Since Axis user community is the biggest in all the ws
projects...Is there anything muse can do out-of-the-box for them?
Q#6: Should we move focus to build the user/dev community by building
usable features at the risk of not tracking the standard (because we
are short-handed)? Is this an option at all?

Thanks,
dims

PS: Please don't use sentences like "From the HP perspective, it is
currently unstaffed.". This is a open source project and the aim is to
get as many people involved as possible.