Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Solis <ds...@wagerworks.com> on 2006/11/01 23:00:02 UTC

Newbie question

I know this is probably a trivial question, but I'm stuck. I've just
started using JMeter to test a simple web application. For my first test
I'm sending HTTP requests using POST method. The server is running in a
JBoss app server on my local machine. But I can't get my test to hit the
page I want with parameters I'm sending or at least I can't tell it is.
The first question I have is how do I know if even getting to the path
I've defined below?

Here is my setup (Similar to the example provided in the manual :

1.	Added a Thread Group: 1 user and loop count set to 50

2.	Added a HTTP request:

Server IP/name: localhost
Port: 8080
Parameters: name=UserName, Value= TestPlayer-1161626993994
Method: Post

With these settings I should be able to send one parameter to my
localhost with a path of WagerLinkWeb/html/lookupplayer.html.

In order to verify that the JMeter is actually doing the POST, I'm
looking at the server.log file and nothing is happening.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Ch...@labware.com.
There are several types of Listeners in Jmeter.Listeners are the elements
which captures the requests and the reponses to and from the jmeter.
Please add a View results tree listener at the thread group level and that
way you can ascertain that jmeter is sending the request and also by
looking in the response tab of that element you can check if the app
server is sending back the correct response.Hope this helps.

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com