Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/01/12 10:22:32 UTC

Java Client <-> C++ Broker Test Profile Failures

All,

Our continuous build machines have returned from a break over Christmas and
reported a few failures over the weekend on the C++ test profile.

As CI been off for a while and the failures are not continuous, I can't pin
it down to a change but these items failed with the same problem - all timed
out waiting for sync, which doesn't sound ideal. Does this ring a bell with
anyone ? We've seen it on both our Linux build machines (fast & slow).

Test org.apache.qpid.test.client.QueueBrowserAutoAckTest FAILED

Test org.apache.qpid.test.client.QueueBrowserPreAckTest FAILED

Test org.apache.qpid.test.client.QueueBrowserTransactedTest FAILED

Error:

  org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionException: timed out waiting for sync:
complete = 135, point = 136

at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.sync(Session.java:583)

at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.sync(Session.java:552)

at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession_0_10.sendClose(AMQSession_0_10.java:265)

at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.close(AMQSession.java:626)

at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.closeAllSessions(AMQConnection.java:1009)

at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.doClose(AMQConnection.java:904)

at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.doClose(AMQConnection.java:893)

at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.close(AMQConnection.java:880)

at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.close(AMQConnection.java:873)

at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.close(AMQConnection.java:868)

at
org.apache.qpid.test.client.QueueBrowserAutoAckTest.tearDown(QueueBrowserAutoAckTest.java:78)

at org.apache.qpid.test.utils.QpidTestCase.runBare(QpidTestCase.java:188)

at org.apache.qpid.test.utils.QpidTestCase.run(QpidTestCase.java:222)

Re: Java Client <-> C++ Broker Test Profile Failures

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/12 Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>:
> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Here's a sample one.
>
> Which test cases does it occur on. Is it always one of the failover tests?
>
> --Rafael

It's the QueueBrowser*Test and always appears to be testFailoverWithQueueBrowser

-- Rob

Re: Java Client <-> C++ Broker Test Profile Failures

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Marnie McCormack wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Our continuous build machines have returned from a break over Christmas
>>> and
>>> reported a few failures over the weekend on the C++ test profile.
>>>
>>> As CI been off for a while and the failures are not continuous, I can't
>>> pin
>>> it down to a change but these items failed with the same problem - all
>>> timed
>>> out waiting for sync, which doesn't sound ideal. Does this ring a bell
>>> with
>>> anyone ? We've seen it on both our Linux build machines (fast & slow).
>>
>> Are the logs available?
>
> Here's a sample one.

gz'd versions

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Java Client <-> C++ Broker Test Profile Failures

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Marnie McCormack wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Our continuous build machines have returned from a break over Christmas
>> and
>> reported a few failures over the weekend on the C++ test profile.
>>
>> As CI been off for a while and the failures are not continuous, I can't
>> pin
>> it down to a change but these items failed with the same problem - all
>> timed
>> out waiting for sync, which doesn't sound ideal. Does this ring a bell
>> with
>> anyone ? We've seen it on both our Linux build machines (fast & slow).
>
> Are the logs available?

Here's a sample one.

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Java Client <-> C++ Broker Test Profile Failures

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.