Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/03 12:45:08 UTC

testng test integration

If no one is currently working on this I plan on making a stab at it, with
the hopes that someone will pipe in and change my plan of direction if I'm
going the wrong way. P.S. If you are working on testng integration I won't
be sad at all, in fact I'd be very very happy not to have to do it ;)

>From what I read in nabble archives I saw that someone mentioned integrating
it into surefire directly, which sounds like a win-win situation to me
judging from the surefire code I looked at for duping into a testng plugin.
I do have some questions though:

-) I'm guessing that the test runtime should dynamically figure out what
sort of classes/jvm version it is working with to execute the correct
testing framework? I can't imagine any form of property setting logic being
fun for anyone. Hopefully this won't be as painful to do as it sounds :)

-) I noticed that the surefire reports plugin is still going through
codehaus, is this just a temporary infrastructure management sort of thing,
or should I plan on having the testng reporting aspect of things hosted as a
seperate plugin download? I'm sure the reporting aspect part will be the
least of my problems, but I wanted to address it ahead of time so an answer
was available when I was ready for it.

Please feel free to jump in and stop/correct any assumptions written here. I
also wanted to re-iterate that I won't be sad at all if someone else already
owns this ;)

jesse

Re: testng test integration

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.