Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bhaskar Gopalan <bg...@adaptintel.com> on 2002/03/28 00:07:11 UTC

Accessing action object inside the form bean

Hi,

I open a form, collect user input and on submit store it in the action class
(inside perform()) as
instance variables. Next time when the same form is opened, I want to
retrieve the values
stored in the action class. Since a new instance of the form bean is created
every time a form
is accessed, is there anyway to get the field values stored in the action
class from the bean
form?

Thanks,
Bhaskar

Re: Accessing action object inside the form bean

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Be carreful, your action class must be threadsafe, so you cannot store datas
as intance variable. Use session scope instead.

Posted by Javier Campoamor <jc...@lapize.com>.
You can also use a promptAction, to populate the form with the values that
you want, before putting it into the request. Some thing lije this:
PromptAction(Populates the form with default values)->ActionForm(Gets the
user input)->DoAction(Process the form)

Regards

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>