Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com> on 2012/10/06 10:49:00 UTC

Nagios monitoring???

Just curious if anyone has had success with any Nagios plugins for monitoring cloudstack?  The one I've been able to find is the one found here.  I'm having a bit of a problem with it not being able to connect to my api (or so it seems).  Anyone have experience with it or with another plugin?

Thanks

Re: Nagios monitoring???

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.
On Oct 6, 2012, at 9:23 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:49 AM, Caleb Call <ca...@me.com> wrote:
>> Just curious if anyone has had success with any Nagios plugins for monitoring cloudstack?  The one I've been able to find is the one found here.  I'm having a bit of a problem with it not being able to connect to my api (or so it seems).  Anyone have experience with it or with another plugin?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> You are using this one?
>
> https://github.com/jasonhancock/nagios-cloudstack?
>
> What does your api.log/managementserver.log show from the connection attempts?
>
> --David

Sorry, the link got stripped.  Yes I'm using that one.  The api log shows a connection and looks to be providing a correct response to what was requested.  The error I'm getting in Nagios is "UNKNOWN: exception Unable to determine pod ID for name=<my pod name>".  I can see this is the exception it throws when it's not able to get the pod id, not sure why it can't get the pod id though.

Re: Nagios monitoring???

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.