Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org> on 2012/05/03 17:39:24 UTC

Re: [VOTE] change gen_test_char to compile without APR

Am 25.04.2012 13:10, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
> Therefore I believe that its safe to always compile gen_test_char.c with
> the build compiler without APR and without libtool; just like:
> $(CC_FOR_BUILD) gen_test_char.c -o gen_test_char
>
> If we would agree to this then we wouldnt need any special handling in
> the server/Makefile and would always set in configure CC_FOR_BUILD=$(CC)
> unless cross compilation is detected.
>
> Therefore I would like to simplify compilation of gen_test_char this
> way; please give a vote about this change, and if you disagree please
> explain your concerns! Thanks!
>
> Vote:
> [x] change gen_test_char.c to always compile without APR
> [ ] leave it as it is because ...
just for the records (and to pop up this again now one week latter)
here's my own vote; then so far sf, wrowe and me +1 for the change and
nobody against within one week; I'll patch later trunk, and update my
backport proposals unless someone speaks up now with something against.

Gün.

Re: [VOTE] change gen_test_char to compile without APR

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 5/3/2012 10:39 AM, Guenter Knauf wrote:

>> Vote:
>> [x] change gen_test_char.c to always compile without APR
>> [ ] leave it as it is because ...
> just for the records (and to pop up this again now one week latter) here's my own vote;
> then so far sf, wrowe and me +1 for the change and nobody against within one week; I'll
> patch later trunk, and update my backport proposals unless someone speaks up now with
> something against.

If the output is nonvolatile, you should structure the make such that we should
conditionally build from the date stamps of the origin .c and output .c sources,
just as we already do for the mod_ssl bison/yacc -b generated lexars.