Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Gulwinder <gs...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/20 09:07:02 UTC

ActiveMQ Upgrade

Hi Team,

I am upgrading ActiveMQ from 5.9 to 5.14 on our Windows server. I am
following below procedures, please correct me if I am wrong.

1) Run Uninstallservice.bat to remove old service.
2) Run InstallService.bat for new file.
3) Change the new jar file in my connector.

The issue I am facing is, when I upgrade to new version, all the queue names
gets deleted. Is there a possibility where we can retain queue names? Please
help.

Re: ActiveMQ Upgrade

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Did you copy your data and settings from the ActiveMQ 5.9 to 5.14...

This is a subject that we are improving with ActiveMQ Artemis. Bennet
Schultz wrote a blog post about this:

https://dzone.com/articles/how-to-update-apache-activemq-artemis-1?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedpress.me&utm_campaign=Feed:%20dzone%2Fjava

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:07 AM, Gulwinder <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am upgrading ActiveMQ from 5.9 to 5.14 on our Windows server. I am
> following below procedures, please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> 1) Run Uninstallservice.bat to remove old service.
> 2) Run InstallService.bat for new file.
> 3) Change the new jar file in my connector.
>
> The issue I am facing is, when I upgrade to new version, all the queue names
> gets deleted. Is there a possibility where we can retain queue names? Please
> help.

Clebert Suconic