Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by HossamEldin Bayoumy <ha...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/22 14:27:24 UTC

Release plans for Netty 4.x support in Apache James?

Hi everyone,

The latest official release of Apache James uses Netty version 3.x, but the
master branch has had Netty 4.x since March 2022 (
https://github.com/apache/james-project/commit/f1ed7533fb2fe6db0d7799bb65a1247c4969e6b7).
I was wondering if anyone has any information on when the next official
release of Apache James with Netty 4.x support will be available? Any help
in setting expectations around this would be appreciated.

Not looking for exact dates, but more of rough estimates. (3 month, 6
months..etc)

Thank you in advance for your help.

HossamEldin

Re: Release plans for Netty 4.x support in Apache James?

Posted by HossamEldin Bayoumy <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply. This saved me a lot of time. I'll be
eagerly looking forward to the release.

*HossamEldin*

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the hipe!