Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2020/02/02 22:51:03 UTC

Plans for ZooKeeper 3.6.0

Hey Folks,

ZooKeeper 3.6.0 is around the corner. It contains a number of new features as well as some internal breaking changes (mostly having to do with curator-test). I propose that we move to Curator 5.0 and...

Drop support for ZooKeeper 3.4.x (leaving it in the Curator 4.x branch)
Drop support for ConnectionHandlingPolicy. I was looking into some of the code and (as can be seen in this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-551 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-551>) some of it is a mess. HandleHolder.getNewConnectionString() doesn't even make sense to me.
Remove ListenerContainer which leaks Guava's Function class - it's been deprecated for a while anyway.

I've started an initial PR towards this: https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/344 <https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/344>.

While we're making breaking changes is there anything else we should address?

-Jordan