Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2017/06/16 07:07:21 UTC

IsisCon2017 write-ups

Hi folks,

for those unable to make it to last weekends mini-conference we had in
Amsterdam, I've collated together all the material that's been provided
since, along with screenshots of the various notes we made along the way.

You'll find them on the wiki: [1]

If you were there (or even if you weren't) and have stuff to add or remark
upon, contributions always welcome.  If the outputs get too big for a
single page, I'll break it out, but for now I think it's nice to have it
all as a one-pager.

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/IsisCon2017+write-up

Re: IsisCon2017 write-ups

Posted by Marin Kaçaj <m9...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for sharing this!
Regards

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Dan Haywood<da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:   Hi folks,

Re: IsisCon2017 write-ups

Posted by Patrick Pliessnig <p....@gmail.com>.
Thank you for setting this up Dan

On a first lecture I notice that there is consent that the audience for
the pitch needs to have business expertise.
But why technical expertise?

Apache Isis' claim seems quite non-technical to me:

    the business expert reflects about a mental concept, the techy puts
    it 1 to 1 into the codebase and apache isis casts it to the screen,
    such that the business expert can admire and verify it.

    that's the loop.

astonishing enough. you maybe need a technical expert to validate the
claim. for the pitch too?

Patrick

Re: IsisCon2017 write-ups

Re: IsisCon2017 write-ups

Posted by Patrick Pliessnig <p....@gmx.net>.
Thank you for setting this up Dan

On a first lecture I notice that there is consent that the audience for
the pitch needs to have business expertise.
But why technical expertise?

Apache Isis' claim seems quite non-technical to me:

    the business expert reflects about a mental concept, the techy puts
    it one to one into the codebase and apache isis casts it to the