Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Sykes, Phil" <Ph...@sungardhe.com> on 2009/01/19 14:37:17 UTC

How to get rid of openjpa

I have been trying to run Tuscany on the OC4J app server.  When I attempt to undeploy my application I always get the following error and the undeploy operation hangs:

09/01/19 08:32:30 645968  activemq  INFO   [UnDeployerRunnable Thread for banstu
dent] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - OpenJPA will now connect to the database to attempt to
 determine what type of database dictionary to use.  To prevent this connection
in the future, set your openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary configuration property to the
appropriate value for your database (see the documentation for available values)

I'm not using OpenJPA so I'd like to get rid of it if possible.  If it is required I'd at least like to get rid of the error.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

Philip Sykes * Principal Java Developer, Banner Product Engineering * SunGard Higher Education * 3 Country View Road, Malvern PA 19335 * Tel 610 578 5185 * Phil.Sykes@sungardhe.com<ma...@sungardhe.com> * www.sungardhe.com<http://www.sungardhe.com/>

RE: How to get rid of openjpa

Posted by "Sykes, Phil" <Ph...@sungardhe.com>.
I was able to get around the error by creating an openjpa.xml file in my META-INF dir.  This file declares a single property.  For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
             xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
             version="1.0">
    <persistence-unit name="all" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
        <properties>
            <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="oracle" />
        </properties>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

After setting this property it stopped complaining and I am now able to deploy/undeploy etc.

Phil

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

RE: How to get rid of openjpa

Posted by "Sykes, Phil" <Ph...@sungardhe.com>.