Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Chris Betts <ch...@pegacat.com> on 2005/10/03 12:03:24 UTC

Re: Only 'uid=admin,ou=system' can initiate the first run.

Hi Folks,

     I've been trying to get the 0.9.3 version going (I was using 0.9).

     Initially I had the same problem as Stefan, and indeed I still
can't get it to run using 'default properties'.  However, once I'd
figured out that 'server.properties' had changed to 'server.xml', and
got my paths sorted out,  it starts fine.  The problem now is that I
get an error
'Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException:
attributeType w/ OID 1.2.6.1.4.1.18060.1.1.1.3.26 has already been
registered!
(BoostrapAttributeTypeRegistry.java:88).

     Any ideas?  Have the false starts messed things up somehow?
This is using the default server.xml I found in svn_head\apacheds
\trunk\main after doing a full svn update.

     Also, do we have an easy listening 'getting started' guide
somewhere?  The 'Building and Running the Apache Directory Server'
web page is good, but could it be expanded and updated a little?
Maybe we can link it to a wiki page, and that way we could all keep
it up to date when things change?  (I'd be happy to have the first
crack at writing such a page, from the perspective of the
clueless :-) ).

    - Chris

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Chris Betts wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
>     I've been trying to get the 0.9.3 version going (I was using 0.9).
>
>     Initially I had the same problem as Stefan, and indeed I still
> can't get it to run using 'default properties'.  However, once I'd
> figured out that 'server.properties' had changed to 'server.xml', and
> got my paths sorted out,  it starts fine.  The problem now is that I
> get an error
> 'Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException:
> attributeType w/ OID 1.2.6.1.4.1.18060.1.1.1.3.26 has already been
> registered!
> (BoostrapAttributeTypeRegistry.java:88).
>
>     Any ideas?  Have the false starts messed things up somehow?

No this is our fault.  I think we have a schema conflict somewhere
perhaps between the apache.schema and the apachedns.schema files.  I'll
try to hunt this one down.

Alex