Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com> on 2016/09/01 06:06:38 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha1 RC0

+1 (non-binding)

Thanks Andrew for putting this up! Super excited to see a Hadoop 3 RC.

Verifications done on OS X:
- Verified md5 on all files
- Spot checked release notes and changes
- Built from source
- Verified LICENSE and NOTICE are correctly contained in the jars built
- Started pseudo-distributed HDFS, verified basic operations work.
- Started KMS service, verified basic KMS operations work, a simple
encryption zone works.
- Sanity checked NN webui.

Best,
-Xiao