Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "Jim M. McNamara" <3r...@verizon.net> on 2005/04/14 08:50:01 UTC

re: windows install SOLVED

Jim M. McNamara wrote:

>Hi Pat & David -

[sorry i hit the reply on my email and it went directly to Pat.  ]
[i re-posted it this time to the mailing list.]

That did the trick :-)

I put c:\Program Files\Tcl\bin\tcl84.dll;   in the environment variable for
a system user.
I  reinstalled but this time let your binary installer automatically
modify the httpd.conf for me.  Apparently that is all that i was doing wrong.
Before i saw that c:\Program Files\Tcl\bin was in my path variable for a
user and not
system wide and thought that is good enough.  I was definitely wrong on
that one.
I figured if Tcl could run like that per user than why cant rivet or apache.

I am very impressed that this is the only modification that needs to be made
to get things working.

I also was confused about the following.  If I run apache as a service it
displays the .rvt located in the htdocs directory like it should.  If i
shutdown
apache like net shutdown apache and then restart apache with just
the command apache it says rivet is running but it doesnt work.
At least going forward i know apache needs to be running as a service
for rivet and apache to work together correctly.

I hope my next web site for my hobby I will be working on in the very near
future will use Rivet!

thank you,
jim