Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Alex Andrushchak <us...@dekasoft.com.ua> on 2006/01/12 08:43:38 UTC

custom service deployment

Sorry, I've forget to attach files.

Hi!

I've created my test service and deployment plan but can't deploy it
into geronimo.
There is error message:
D:\local\geronimo-1.0>ar bin/deployer.jar deploy queryphone-service.jar
queryphone-service-plan.xml
Username: system
Password:

    Error: Unable to distribute queryphone-service.jar: Unable to load
    first parent of configuration
    com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService

        No configuration with id: org/apache/geronimo/System

Deployemnt plan and source of service is attached.
Is it possible to get intruction how to deploy custom service to geronimo.
I've read article about Custom quartz service but it use maven for build
and deployment.
It is not clear what is going on under cover.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Alex Andrushchak

Re: custom service deployment

Posted by Alex Andrushchak <us...@dekasoft.com.ua>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2006, at 1:25 AM, Alex Andrushchak wrote:
>
>> Thanks David!
>>
>> We've done next step. :-)
>>
>> Now deployer is trying to deploye service. But:
>> D:\local\geronimo-1.0>java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy
>> queryphone-service-plan.xml
>> Username: system
>> Password:
>>
>>     Error: Unable to distribute queryphone-service-plan.xml:
>>     java.lang.NullPointerException
>>
>>         null
>>
>> In geronimo.log there is stack trace for it:
>> 11:18:55,031 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>         at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.j2eeobjectnames.NameFactory.getComponentName(NameFactory.java:26
>> 3)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeanData(ServiceConfigBui
>> lder.java:329)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeans(ServiceConfigBuilde
>> r.java:311)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceCon
>> figBuilder.java:207)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceCon
>> figBuilder.java:167)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9f173be6.i
>> nvoke(<generated>)
>>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>
>> I think it is because i have not name attribute of gbean i my
>> deployement plan:
>> <configuration
>>     xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
>>     parentId="geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car"
>>     configId="com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService">
>>
>>     <dependency>
>>         <uri>queryphone/queryphone-service/1.0/jar</uri>
>>     </dependency>
>>
>>     <gbean class="com.dekasoft.logicland.service.SpiderService">
>>     </gbean>
>>
>> </configuration>
>>
>> This attribute is not required by xsd schema.
>

> I don't think it is possible to enforce a choice between two xml
> attributes using xml schema.  You have to supply name or gbeanName.

I think this attribute should be marked i requred in schema, that's all.

>> It mean that we have bug in xsd schema or in server.
>

> The server should detect this and provide a meaningful error message.
>  Would you open a jira issue for this?

Actionally i do not know how to do it. Please open it if you wish.

Ok. So my next question is what should i put as name tag attribute?
My current deployment plan is:
<configuration
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
    parentId="geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car"
    configId="com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService">

    <dependency>
        <uri>queryphone/queryphone-service/1.0/jar</uri>
    </dependency>

    <gbean name="geronimo.server:name=SpiderService"
        class="com.dekasoft.logicland.service.SpiderService">
    </gbean>

</configuration>

And i have the next result:
D:\local\geronimo-1.0>java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy
queryphone-service-plan.xml
Username: system
Password:

    Error: Unable to distribute queryphone-service-plan.xml: Invalid
    ObjectName: geronimo.server:name=SpiderService

        Invalid value: geronimo.server:name=SpiderService

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Alex Andrushchak <us...@dekasoft.com.ua>.
Thanks David!

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.