Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Rob Paveza <Ro...@microsoft.com> on 2015/07/08 23:57:19 UTC

[Discuss] Windows: Removal of Windows 8 from VS 2013 solution (keep it in the VS 2012 solution)?

I've been tackling a couple quality-of-life improvements and I've been thinking about this issue.  In VS 2012 and 2013, Windows 8 is supported, but in VS 2015, it isn't (you can use VS 2015 to target Windows 8.1 and 10).

We have the following projects in our solutions:
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 10
- Shared (shared among Windows 8.1, Phone 8.1, and 10).

The VS 2012 solution *only* contains the Windows 8 project.  All of the projects are in the 2013 solution.

So the experience is, when you open the 2013 solution in VS 2015, you get:
- The Windows 8 project, which is unsupported, doesn't load
- You get a nag to upgrade your 8 project to 8.1

I want to remove the Windows 8 project from the 2013 solution only, so if you want to work on the Windows 8 project, you would load the VS 2012 solution into either VS 2012 or 2013.

Thoughts?

Re: [Discuss] Windows: Removal of Windows 8 from VS 2013 solution (keep it in the VS 2012 solution)?

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
yes yes yes!
Is it sufficient to simply make the win8.1 project the startup project in
the 2013 sln?
If there are still nags, we can remove the windows8.0 project entirely from
the 2013 sln.

My team is hiring!
@purplecabbage
risingj.com