Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 05:41:35 UTC

Ant 1.7 doesn't like antcall with inheritrefs

I'm familiar with this warning in Ant 1.7:
Warning: Reference *reference_name* has not been set at runtime, but was
found during build file parsing, attempting to resolve. Future versions of
Ant may support referencing ids defined in non-executed targets.

But now suppose that the target in which this warning arises has been
invoked by the *antcall *task with inheritrefs="true". This is a perfectly
legitimate case of passing references to a target where the references *have
*been set, just not by that sub-build.

I'm wondering now, is there any way to call *antcall *with
inheritrefs="true" and *not *get this warning?

Re: Ant 1.7 doesn't like antcall with inheritrefs

Posted by Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com>.
Disregard this post. Turns out in the Ant target called by *antcall*, I was
using refid below, not torefid:
    <antcall target="..." inheritrefs="true">
      <reference refid="*srcref*" torefid="*destref*" />
    </antcall>

In other words, my mistake. And that warning was what was catching it. This
is one case where I'm happy to be embarrassed.