Posted to general@xml.apache.org by David Bourget <db...@videotron.ca> on 2000/04/07 05:06:44 UTC

Re: Xerces - Product Support (fwd)

Hi Karol,

I personnaly consider the fact that Xerces is an open source project to be
the very best warranty of long term maintenance : it can't die with its
maintainer. Anyway, the project is probably backed by some corporations, but
can't help you on this topic, just guessing.

David

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
IBM participates heavily in the Xerces project, and ships Xerces as part
of
XML4J and XML4C, which are available on the Alphaworks site.  If you
want a "supported" version, you can check out IBM's Websphere product,
which
contains a copy.

XML4J = Xerces-J
XML4C = Xerces-C + ICU(Unicode support, also open source)

Mike