Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jörg Godau <J....@schuetze-berlin.de> on 2010/08/10 08:22:58 UTC

Gaussian Random Timers Additive?

Hello All,

I want to know for certain if the Gaussian Timers are additive.

Example1:

Thread Group
 - Timer1 (Ave 10s, deviation 1s)
 - Loop1
    - Sampler 1
 - Loop2
    - Timer2 (Ave 5s, deviation 4s)
    - Sampler2

So the Sampler1 requests will an average of 10 seconds apart plus or minus 1 second (so within 9-11 seconds)

For Sampler2 I hope the requests will be 10+5 = 15 seconds apart plus or minus 1+4 = 5 seconds (so within 10-20 seconds).

Is this correct?

Example2:
Thread Group
- Loop1
    - Timer1 (Ave 10s, deviation 1s)
    - Sampler 1
 - Loop2
    - Timer2 (Ave 5s, deviation 4s)
    - Sampler2

In this case the timers wont affect each other?

So Sampler1 should still be 10 +- 1 seconds, but Sampler2 should be 5 +- 4 seconds. Is this correct?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jörg Godau

SCHÜTZE Consulting Informationssysteme GmbH Argentinische Allee 22b
14163 Berlin
Tel.: 030/ 802 49 44
Fax: 030/ 8090 39 95
www.schuetze-berlin.de

Geschäftsführer: Klaus-Dieter Schütze
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer: HRB 73618
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß § 27a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 813181239

AW: Gaussian Random Timers Additive?

Posted by Jörg Godau <J....@schuetze-berlin.de>.
Hi Sebb,

thanks for the answer, perhaps though you could take the time to say whether my assumptions about the examples I gave are correct?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.