Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@bytesexual.org> on 2008/02/23 13:19:36 UTC

Project specific wiki

Hey,

Can Apache provide use with a project local wiki or are we to use:

  http://wiki.apache.org/general/

I would prefer a project local one, if that's possible.

Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
On 25.02.2008, at 12:46, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>> I have no experience with either, I am just glad that we leave
>> MediaWiki :) From what I've seen about the discussion, Confluence is
>> apparently not Open Source and for that simple reason, I'd vote for
>> MoinMoin. If I'm wrong about that, I'm indifferent or +0.
>
> You're right, Confluence is closed source (with a free license given
> to Apache). To set up a new MoinMoin wiki, it's pretty much the same
> method as for a new Confluence space. Make sure you select the
> MoinMoin component in JIRA when registering the issue.

Okay, Noah file a request with INFRA:

   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1540>

Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
>  I have no experience with either, I am just glad that we leave
>  MediaWiki :) From what I've seen about the discussion, Confluence is
>  apparently not Open Source and for that simple reason, I'd vote for
>  MoinMoin. If I'm wrong about that, I'm indifferent or +0.

You're right, Confluence is closed source (with a free license given
to Apache). To set up a new MoinMoin wiki, it's pretty much the same
method as for a new Confluence space. Make sure you select the
MoinMoin component in JIRA when registering the issue.

/niklas

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@googlemail.com>.
On Feb 25, 2008, at 12:09, Christopher Lenz wrote:

> On 23.02.2008, at 21:00, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira, create an account and create a new
>>> issue (in the top navigation) in the Infrastructure project. Make
>>> sure
>>> you choose the "Confluence" component and request a new CoucbDB
>>> space.
>>
>> Actually there is a choice between Confluence and MoinMoin, the
>> couchdb community as a whole should decide which wiki use.
>
> From brief discussion on IRC, at least Noah and myself would feel
> more comfortable with using good old MoinMoin. Damien, Jan, what
> about you?

I have no experience with either, I am just glad that we leave
MediaWiki :) From what I've seen about the discussion, Confluence is
apparently not Open Source and for that simple reason, I'd vote for
MoinMoin. If I'm wrong about that, I'm indifferent or +0.

Cheers
Jan

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
On 23.02.2008, at 21:00, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira, create an account and create a new
>> issue (in the top navigation) in the Infrastructure project. Make
>> sure
>> you choose the "Confluence" component and request a new CoucbDB
>> space.
>
> Actually there is a choice between Confluence and MoinMoin, the
> couchdb community as a whole should decide which wiki use.

 From brief discussion on IRC, at least Noah and myself would feel
more comfortable with using good old MoinMoin. Damien, Jan, what about
you?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@bytesexual.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 01:25:21PM +0100, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>>  > To get a new Confluence space you just open a JIRA issue to
>>  > Infrastructure and they will take care of it. I'm assuming the way is
>>  > similar for MoinMoin.
>>
>>  Where would I do this?
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira, create an account and create a new
> issue (in the top navigation) in the Infrastructure project. Make sure
> you choose the "Confluence" component and request a new CoucbDB space.

Actually there is a choice between Confluence and MoinMoin, the couchdb
community as a whole should decide which wiki use.

Dan.

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@bytesexual.org>.
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 01:25:21PM +0100, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> To get a new Confluence space you just open a JIRA issue to
> Infrastructure and they will take care of it. I'm assuming the way is
> similar for MoinMoin.

Where would I do this?

> And by the way, welcome to Apache :-)

Thank you. :p

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

Re: Project specific wiki

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Yes, you can have either a MoinMoin or a Confluence based. I think
most new projects go with Confluence. Many also use it to generate
their main site, using the auto-export plugin. We do in MINA for
example:
http://mina.apache.org and http://cwiki.apache.org/MINA/