Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Singh, Arshi (Indsys)" <Ar...@geind.ge.com> on 2003/06/09 11:18:40 UTC

virus detected

Dear All,
 A virus has been passed to me by a contact.  My address book in turn has
 been affected. Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance
 you  will find it in your computer too.  I followed the direction below and
 eradicated the virus easily.  The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not
detected
 by Norton or McAfee anti-virus systems.
 The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.  It is sent
automatically by messenger and by the address book whether or not you sent
emails to your contacts.

 Here is how you check for the virus and get rid of it.

 1. Go to start, find or search option.

 2. In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe

 3. Be sure to search your C: drive and all the subfolders and any other
 drives you may have.

 4. Click "find now"

 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
 IT

 6.  Go to edit (on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the
 file without opening it.

7.  Now go to the file (on the menu bar) and select delete.  It will then go
     to the recycle bin.

 IF YOU FIND THIS VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
 BOOK
 SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

 To do this:

 a) Open a new e-mail message

 b) Click on the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

 c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

 d) Copy this message above and paste to e-mail

 e) Enter subject and mail to all
 THANKS

Regards,
Arshi
g  GE Industrial Systems

Arshi Singh
GE-IBC, Datawarehousing
GE Industrial Systems
Center Point, HUDA Lane
Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003

email:  Arshi.Singh@geind.ge.com <ma...@geind.ge.com>
Tel:  91-40-27881480 (D), 1800

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."