Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deepa Rangarajan <de...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/18 17:27:03 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] RE : Apache 2.0.46 - Log files

Hi,

  I am using Apache 2.0.46 that comes with Redhat Linux ES 3.0 .
How should the log files be maintained?  I see access_log.1, error_log.1,
access_log.2. Do these get created on a weekly basis?
I am using separate logs for ssl and they too have the same naming pattern -
ssl_access_log.1,
ssl_access_log.2. What is the purpose of ssl_request_log?
And how many weeks of logs are created? Do the old ones get auto-deleted
after reaching certain number of weeks or we need to write a cron job?
  Pls. let me know if you have the answers.

Thks,
Deepa

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
thats really not an apache thing but depends on your configuration. what is
in httpd.conf? the logs are declared there. however, i think your system
will use an other tool to rotate the logs, have a look at the crontabs.