Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Paul Bolger <pb...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/24 13:06:11 UTC

[Structurer] status

Thorsten

You may remember that I had some problems with views a week or so
back. Since then I haven't had much luck getting them to work, and I
gather that lots has happened with views/themer/structurer whatever in
that time anyway. Is there a document in the howtos which reflects the
current status of views/themer/structurer?
I'd quite like to get a test setup going as I think I may have some
suggestions on the approach to CSS (and standards compliant (x)html
output).

paul b

"I'd like to thank the member of the audience who threw this glass
bottle at my head..."
(Iggy Pop, 1973)

Re: [Structurer] status

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>El lun, 24-10-2005 a las 20:36 +0930, Paul Bolger escribió:
>

>>Thorsten
>>
>>You may remember that I had some problems with views a week or so
>>back. Since then I haven't had much luck getting them to work, and I
>>gather that lots has happened with views/themer/structurer whatever in
>>that time anyway. Is there a document in the howtos which reflects the
>>current status of views/themer/structurer?
>>

>We have a stable version of views v1 that should work out-of-the-box
>with the linkrewriting. I recommend to use this version for now.
>http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html
>
>The newer version of views v2 is not usable ATM. Too many known bugs and
>it moves to rapid. As soon I settled the the basic structure I will
>update the dispatcher howto.
>

>>I'd quite like to get a test setup going as I think I may have some
>>suggestions on the approach to CSS (and standards compliant (x)html
>>output).
>>

>If you are adventurous (and want to try v2) just do:
>add $FORREST_HOME/lib/core/commons-jxpath-1.2.jar

And maybe you should remove 'lib\core\commons-jxpath-20030909.jar'...

Cyriaque,

Re: [Structurer] status

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El lun, 24-10-2005 a las 20:36 +0930, Paul Bolger escribió:
> Thorsten
>
> You may remember that I had some problems with views a week or so
> back. Since then I haven't had much luck getting them to work, and I
> gather that lots has happened with views/themer/structurer whatever in
> that time anyway. Is there a document in the howtos which reflects the
> current status of views/themer/structurer?

We have a stable version of views v1 that should work out-of-the-box
with the linkrewriting. I recommend to use this version for now.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html

The newer version of views v2 is not usable ATM. Too many known bugs and
it moves to rapid. As soon I settled the the basic structure I will
update the dispatcher howto.

> I'd quite like to get a test setup going as I think I may have some
> suggestions on the approach to CSS (and standards compliant (x)html
> output).

If you are adventurous (and want to try v2) just do:
add $FORREST_HOME/lib/core/commons-jxpath-1.2.jar
cd $FORREST_HOME/main/template-sites/v2; forrest run
http://localhost:8888/

That is the pub I am doing my development with, which should work.

> paul b
>

> "I'd like to thank the member of the audience who threw this glass
> bottle at my head..."
> (Iggy Pop, 1973)

jeje, nice one. ;-)