Posted to users@jena.apache.org by 王瑞期 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/16 16:43:40 UTC

The TDB dataset created in windows can not be used in Linux

When use Jena to create TDB dataset in Linux ,the TDB data can be used
in Windows,too.But if I create one in Windows and then copy to Linux ,

there is no result when excute sparql query.The Java code are the
same,and I test this problem in three computers,one of them is my PC
(I have installed Win 7 and Ubuntu in my computer),all of them can not
excute any result.

I mean,the TDB created in Windows can excute sparql query and return
resultset,but not in Linux with the same Java code.And the TDB created
in Linux,it is OK to use it in Windows.
As my partner also get this problem,I mean ,he also created TDB in his
PC ,and then copy from Win 7 to Linux.So,I am sure not the problem cause
by the copy process
Has any one get this problem?

Re: The TDB dataset created in windows can not be used in Linux

Posted by 王瑞期 <sh...@gmail.com>.
于 2012年05月17日 04:46, Andy Seaborne 写道:
> On 16/05/12 15:43, 王瑞期 wrote:
>>
>> When use Jena to create TDB dataset in Linux ,the TDB data can be used
>> in Windows,too.But if I create one in Windows and then copy to Linux ,
>>
>> there is no result when excute sparql query.The Java code are the
>> same,and I test this problem in three computers,one of them is my PC
>> (I have installed Win 7 and Ubuntu in my computer),all of them can not
>> excute any result.
>>
>> I mean,the TDB created in Windows can excute sparql query and return
>> resultset,but not in Linux with the same Java code.And the TDB created
>> in Linux,it is OK to use it in Windows.
>> As my partner also get this problem,I mean ,he also created TDB in his
>> PC ,and then copy from Win 7 to Linux.So,I am sure not the problem cause
>> by the copy process
>> Has any one get this problem?
>>

> This is something I've done before - and between 32 and 64 bit java's
>
> Can you move a database within the same machine, windows->windows?
>
> Which version of TDB?
>
> What is the query and what does "no results" mean - zero rows, or rows
> in the results with no elements?  The latte is a sign of failing to shut
> the database down before copying.  You can't copy a database when the
> JVM that created or opened it is still running.
>
> 	Andy
Thank you ,the problem is solved when I copy the dataase after the TDB
dataset closed.

Re: The TDB dataset created in windows can not be used in Linux

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.