Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/23 14:45:57 UTC

Throwing RuntimeException

Hi all,

Throwing RuntimeException is usually an anti-pattern, so I'd like to
replace these on a case by case basis with IllegalArgumentException,
IllegalStateException, or whatever seems appropriate.

Any objections?

Gary

Re: Throwing RuntimeException

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
May be too late, but I agree.

Craig

> On Jun 23, 2023, at 07:45, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Throwing RuntimeException is usually an anti-pattern, so I'd like to replace these on a case by case basis with IllegalArgumentException, IllegalStateException, or whatever seems appropriate.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Gary

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org