Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Guilhem Lavaux <gu...@kaffe.org> on 2005/07/11 10:45:38 UTC

Kaffe gump run

Hi,

I am one of the developers of the Kaffe.org VM. I would like to know if
there is any chance to get back an automatic gump run on
vmgump.apache.org. That was pretty useful to test GNU Classpath & Kaffe
in interaction with the rest of the other java projects and to detect
bugs.

Thanks a lot for your job !

Best regards,

Guilhem Lavaux.

Re: Kaffe gump run

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Guilhem!

> I am one of the developers of the Kaffe.org VM. I would like to know if
> there is any chance to get back an automatic gump run on
> vmgump.apache.org.

Not really :/. That machine is low on disk space so we can't run any
more profiles there. We do have a Mac OS X box on which we'll be running
gump as well as a Solaris zone. My intention has always been to get a
kaffe run set up on one of these, but I've been kind-of busy with other
stuff lately :-)

> That was pretty useful to test GNU Classpath & Kaffe
> in interaction with the rest of the other java projects and to detect
> bugs.
>
> Thanks a lot for your job !

:-). You're welcome! We'll let you know when we have things working, but
if I'm the one setting it up that'll be a while yet...

cheers,

Leo

Re: Kaffe gump run

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Guilhem Lavaux <gu...@kaffe.org> wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any chance to get back an automatic
> gump run on vmgump.apache.org.

There is not that much left to add to what Leo said.

If you had the choice of Solaris or MacOS X, which one would you
prefer as a testbed?

Stefan