Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by David <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/03 01:26:09 UTC

parquet-benchmarks

I am running the build (as provided in the docs) to master and it doesn't
seem to compile.  Is this just my environment?

Thanks.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project parquet-benchmarks: Compilation failure:
Compilation failure:
[ERROR]
/home/apache/parquet/parquet-mr/parquet-benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/parquet/benchmarks/PageChecksumReadBenchmarks.java:[67,9]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   method usePageChecksumVerification(boolean)
[ERROR]   location: class
org.apache.parquet.hadoop.ParquetReader.Builder<org.apache.parquet.example.data.Group>
[ERROR]
/home/apache/parquet/parquet-mr/parquet-benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/parquet/benchmarks/PageChecksumDataGenerator.java:[67,7]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   method withPageWriteChecksumEnabled(boolean)
[ERROR]   location: class
org.apache.parquet.hadoop.example.ExampleParquetWriter.Builder
[ERROR]
/home/apache/parquet/parquet-mr/parquet-benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/parquet/benchmarks/NestedNullWritingBenchmarks.java:[142,69]
incompatible types: org.apache.parquet.io.OutputFile cannot be converted to
org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Re: parquet-benchmarks

Posted by Grisha Weintraub <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

It seems that the benchmark module depends on other Parquet modules.
So, just run "mvn clean install -DskipTests" before your build and that
should work.

Best regards,
Grisha