Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jon <he...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/30 07:55:19 UTC

[VFS] Status of JSch and SFTP support

JSch is aging and appears to be abandoned at this point. (One particular
issue is its lack of support for newer key formats and algorithms). Are
there any plans to replace it with a different implementation? It looks
like there is an SFTP implementation under the Apache MINA SSHD project, as
an example of an alternative. It's also possible to replace the standard
JSch dependency with a fork (such as github.com/mwiede/jsch), but I'd
rather stick to something "sanctioned" by VFS contributors.

Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Re: [VFS] Status of JSch and SFTP support

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I would not mind seeing if we can replace Jsch with Mina. This should be
transparent to call sites (hopefully). Feel free to provide a PR on GitHub
;-)

Gary

Posted by Elric V <el...@melnib.one>.
On 2023-04-30 09:55, Jon wrote:
> JSch is aging and appears to be abandoned at this point.
> Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I've been using mwiede's continuation of jsch for a few years now, with
success. Their fork can be found on github and in maven central etc:
https://github.com/mwiede/jsch