Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Williams <da...@tongal.com> on 2014/01/28 01:58:27 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI is destroying my file

Hi all,

First of all, I wrote up this issue in a Stack Overflow question

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21392764/apache-ssi-is-corrupting-my-file

Take a look at this, before and after SSI.  If I simply remove this
section, the corruption moves down further.  What could be causing this?
 These files are 100% ok before mod_include gets its hands on them.

Before:

window.dhtmlHistory.create({toJSON: function(o) {
   return common.toJSON(o);
} , fromJSON: function(s) {
    return eval('(' + s + ')');
}});

After:

w+cont.dhtmlHistory.c.show({toJSON: fail]mdo(o) {
    -wrappecommon.toJSON(o);
} , fromJSON: fail]mdo(s) {
    -wrappeeval('(' + s + ')');
}});

Re: [users@httpd] SSI is destroying my file

Posted by David Williams <da...@tongal.com>.
Just another quick data points, this is centos 6.5 with apache 2.2.15
installed via yum

$ cat /etc/*release*
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
cat: /etc/lsb-release.d: Is a directory
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
cpe:/o:centos:linux:6:GA

$ apachectl -version
Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix)
Server built:   Aug 13 2013 17:29:28

Re: [users@httpd] SSI is destroying my file

Posted by Geoff Millikan <gm...@t1shopper.com>.
We had a lot of problems w/SSI, deflate and caching.  The deflate and the SSI and the cacheing just fought each other.  Sometimes it would work, sometimes we got corrupted junk - but it was usually more messed up that just some dashes like you have.

But if you've turned off mod_cache, deleted the cache from the drive and cleared your browser cache and you're still seeing it then....

Suggest moving SSI file into a place where you can access directly in your browser.  Does it look ok there?  If yes, then try including it from there...

Best of luck...

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by David Williams <da...@tongal.com>.
Also I apologize for the "top-post"  I don't know how to turn that off in
gmail but I have an SO question for that too

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21394987/gmail-how-do-i-not-top-post-in-gmail-replies

How could mod_cache be causing this?

Posted by David Williams <da...@tongal.com>.
Yes I am,