Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/25 18:24:46 UTC

[C1.8.1-dev][bug] ESQL & Connection Pool

Hello again,

I have been testing for the last couple of days and
am quite sure that something is not working properly.
I am running two different contexts with two different
databases.

server.xml:
===========
<Context path="/kodra" docBase="D:\kodra" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>
<Context path="/eService"
docBase="D:\PEPSi\1.7\eService" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>

...\kodra\WEB-INF\cocoon.properties:
====================================
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:TECHNO
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=XXXX
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=YYYY

...\eService\WEB-INF\cocoon.properties:
=======================================
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.120.13.6:1521:PDB17
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=QQQQ
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=WWWW

It seems that if I use the testcase code in the first
context, it works okay. If I then use same code within
second context I am still using db connection from the
first context ?!

I have also tried to rename the connection names but
that didn't solve the problem.  Even more disturbing,
it is possible to use the db connection name from the
other context that does NOT exist in the
cocoon.properties file of the original context!!!

MY ONLY CONCLUSION IS THAT CONNECTION POOLING WORKS
GLOBALLY REGARDLESS OF LOCAL NATURE OF COCOON(TOMCAT)
CONTEXTS.

I would like to scan the users comunity if something
similar has already being reported.

TIA

=====
Drasko

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: [C1.8.1-dev][bug] ESQL & Connection Pool

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> I have been testing for the last couple of days and
> am quite sure that something is not working properly.
> I am running two different contexts with two different
> databases.
>
> server.xml:
> ===========
> <Context path="/kodra" docBase="D:\kodra" debug="0"
> reloadable="true"/>
> <Context path="/eService"
> docBase="D:\PEPSi\1.7\eService" debug="0"
> reloadable="true"/>
>
> ...\kodra\WEB-INF\cocoon.properties:
> ====================================
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:TECHNO
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=XXXX
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=YYYY
>
> ...\eService\WEB-INF\cocoon.properties:
> =======================================
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.120.13.6:1521:PDB17
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=QQQQ
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=WWWW
>
> It seems that if I use the testcase code in the first
> context, it works okay. If I then use same code within
> second context I am still using db connection from the
> first context ?!
>
> I have also tried to rename the connection names but
> that didn't solve the problem.  Even more disturbing,
> it is possible to use the db connection name from the
> other context that does NOT exist in the
> cocoon.properties file of the original context!!!
>
> MY ONLY CONCLUSION IS THAT CONNECTION POOLING WORKS
> GLOBALLY REGARDLESS OF LOCAL NATURE OF COCOON(TOMCAT)
> CONTEXTS.

this is probably the case. it's my understanding that if a turbine
connection pool is created in two seperate servlet zones (ala
Apache-JServ), they _will_ be distinct. the same should hold true for any
other static singletons - each servlet zone should get a seperate one. at
least, this is what jon stevens, class loader master extraordinaire, told
me. your mileage may vary, and vary wildly. i don't know how tomcat
contexts work. you'll need to follow up with them and/or the turbine guys
to see what's up.

- donald