Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk> on 2010/12/02 19:15:58 UTC

Re: Build

Hi Dan,

Re my earlier error with servlet-api-2.5.jar I tried your suggestion,
 I deleted the ~/.m2/.../2.5 folder so that Maven would re-fetch it, but got the same error.
Looking back through the build output for when it downloaded servlet-api-2.5.jar (from https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/javax.servlet/jars/ ) it got a "checksum failed" error.

So I downloaded servlet-api-2.5.jar also .pom and also the .sha1 files for them both, from http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.5/ instead, into my Maven repository.

Now  mvn clean install -D modules=all -o  works. I just get one test failure:
/tmp/concordion/org/apache/isis/support/prototype/stories/NewClaimDefaultsOkStory.html
Successes: 17, Failures: 1

Best Regards

Mike Burton
Myco Systems Ltd
01753 893390
17 Criss Grove, Gerrards Cross, BUCKS, SL9 9HG
Registered in England No 1832705

Re: Build

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@MycoSystems.co.uk>.
Thanks Dan,

>test
I've raised JIRA ticket re the failed test.

>mvn jetty:run
Confirmed, I'm not using -o
Confirmed, there are no messages saying it can't find org.codehaus.mojo:maven-jetty-plugin
I've checked in my  /usr/share/java/maven-2.2.1/conf/settings.xml  and it looks as you say.
I've tried deleting the jetty plugins from my .m2, even deleting the whole of org/mortbay/jetty, same bad.
My error definitely refers to org.apache.maven.plugins, though the stacktrace refers to Mojo, see below, could there be some other config that's affecting this?

I even tried to force it by adding   	<pluginGroup>org.codehaus.mojo</pluginGroup>  to settings.xml

> [groupId].[artifactId];
Yes I specified this, both with and without the semicolon.

Best regards

Mike Burton

Stacktrace from   mvn -e jetty:run ...
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1569)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1851)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:462)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:175)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:179)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.loadPluginDescriptor(DefaultPluginManager.java:1642)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1540)
	... 15 more

Re: Build

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

On 02/12/2010 20:08, Mike Burton wrote:
> Now I'm trying to run the webapp-based Scimpi viewer...
>
> mvn jetty:run  gives error:
> The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not exist...

Strange.

First things first... I presume you're not using -o (-offline)?

But secondly, the plugin isn't at org.apache, it's at codehaus [1]  If
you go to $MAVEN_HOME/conf/settings.xml, you'll see that the
<pluginGroups> comments explain that Maven searches for both
org.apache.maven.plugins and org.codehaus.mojo.  Is there more to the
message saying it can't find org.codehaus.mojo:maven-jetty-plugin also?

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Maven+Jetty+Plugin

> I tried deploying Scimpi.war into my existing Tomcat6 but it clashes with commons-logging.jar, then servlet-api (the app has its own copy in its lib/), then I get a StartupServletContextListener NoClassDef (MyFaces clash??)
Hmm, not sure.  Rob, have you tried running scimpi.war this way?

> I also tried running the .launch and got:
>    Launch configuration prototype-viewer-bdd references non-existing project org.apache.isis.support.prototype-viewer-bdd
> but this project does seem to exist.
When you import using m2eclipse, make sure that you go to Advanced>Name
Templates and specified [groupId].[artifactId]; this is referenced in
the .launch file.

> Tried a build/ clean in Eclipse and got several errors like:
> org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog. occurred while reading launch configuration file: /Users/mikeburton/DEV/ISIS/projs/isis01/support/archetypes/exploration/target/classes/archetype-resources/ide/eclipse/launch/Isis (DnD).launch.
> 	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager.createDebugException
> I guess I need to process the 3    #set(    lines at the top of the .launch file somehow?
That error probably is the script that Rob ran against all XML files
that's put the ASF copyright notice in the wrong place (must be after
the prolog, not before).

But in any case, the plan is to recreate the archetypes by reverse
engineering from support/prototype once .

So, you can ignore that as non-fatal.

> My preference would be to get  mvn jetty:run  to work but the Eclipse stuff would be "nice to have"
>
> Any ideas please?

Hopefully some of the above?

Re: Build

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.

Re: Build

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

On 02/12/2010 18:15, Mike Burton wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Re my earlier error with servlet-api-2.5.jar I tried your suggestion,
>   I deleted the ~/.m2/.../2.5 folder so that Maven would re-fetch it, but got the same error.
> Looking back through the build output for when it downloaded servlet-api-2.5.jar (from https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/javax.servlet/jars/ ) it got a "checksum failed" error.
>
> So I downloaded servlet-api-2.5.jar also .pom and also the .sha1 files for them both, from http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.5/ instead, into my Maven repository.
I think someone else (might have been Sabine) also had a problem with
that JAR file.  Looks like we know where the problem is.  Thanks for
persevering.

> Now  mvn clean install -D modules=all -o  works. I just get one test failure:
> /tmp/concordion/org/apache/isis/support/prototype/stories/NewClaimDefaultsOkStory.html
> Successes: 17, Failures: 1
Yup, I think we know about that failure - it's a localization issue.  On
my todo list....  If you want to raise a ticket so it doesn't get lost,
be my guest.

Cheers
Dan