Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/11 11:25:24 UTC

Is OutputCommitCoordinator necessary for all the stages ?

As my understanding, OutputCommitCoordinator should only be necessary for
ResultStage (especially for ResultStage with hdfs write), but currently it
is used for all the stages. Is there any reason for that ?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Is OutputCommitCoordinator necessary for all the stages ?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

I mean on the driver side. OutputCommitCorrdinator.startStage is called in
DAGScheduler#submitMissingTasks for all the stages (cost some memory).
Although it is fine that as long as executor side don't call RPC, there's
no much performance penalty.

Posted by Josh Rosen <ro...@gmail.com>.