Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2008/09/20 01:29:48 UTC

(?) ivy internal error: no node found ...

One of my builds on ivy-2.0.0-beta2 is producing the following warning.

I've had to replace the actual jar names

[ivy:retrieve]     ivy internal error: no node found for
myorg#mymodule;: looked in [ ... very long list of modules including
myorg#mymodule;latest.integration ... ]

All dependencies are resolved and it doesn't seem to affect the end
result of the build.   It is unlikely I will be able to produce a
compact test case however.  I'd like to figure out what I might be able
to do to avoid the issue.

--a.

Re: (?) ivy internal error: no node found ...

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Thanks.

A bit more on this one.

I later found that the internal error was NOT as harmless as it
seemed.   The build succeeded but the transitive dependencies of
myorg#mymodule had not been pulled in properly,  so while my build was
successful, the resulting app ran only until it encountered an
unresolved dependency and then threw (as one would expect in such cases)
NoClassDefFoundError.

Is there already a filed JIRA issue for this?  Could someone please
refer me to it?

--a.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/