Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Zendle <jo...@vericept.com> on 2003/07/18 16:30:32 UTC

Complex form data

Hi all,

In general I have noticed that if a form class is 'complex', i.e., it
contains collections of other beans (that may contain other collections)
and the form is defined to have request scope I get 'array index out of
bounds' exceptions from the controller when the form is submitted
(before my action is called). If the form is changed to session scope
then the problem 'goes away'. This seems to be a BFH fix though.

I guess my question is: Are there limitations or criteria to the
complexity of forms defined with request scope?

Any thoughts are appreciated!