Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Tankel, Ifat" <If...@icomverse.com> on 2002/06/20 16:41:44 UTC

createing a thread safe class which use the xalan/xercess to acce ss/modify data written in xml format

Hi
I have created a class myDom.
This class is to be used by other classes when they need to access/modify
data written in xml format (file or buffer).
The init method of my myDom class take a xml buffer/file and use a DOMParser
and XercessParserLiaison to create a XalanDocument.

Can I create DomPareser and XercessDOMSupport and XercessParserLiaison as
static members of myDom class?
I do not want to create them in each myDom instance since they are used only
in the init stage.

My application will have to be thread safe. Do I have a problem to create
them static because of that?

Ifat