Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael Aufreiter <ma...@zive.at> on 2011/11/29 08:29:21 UTC

Replication stops unexpectedly

I'm trying to replicate a full database from my local machine to my server at substance.io.
Both are running Couchbase Single.

It's 16,000 documents that need to be transferred (push replication). However for some reason replication stops at around 12,000 documents. The request stays open. There's no error message.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Replication stops unexpectedly

Posted by kowsik <ko...@gmail.com>.
Use pull replication instead (if possible). Push only uses one active
connection and lacks parallelism and could be the reason for the
stall.

See these:

http://blog.mudynamics.com/2011/09/01/blitz-io-path-finding-with-couchdb/
http://grokbase.com/p/couchdb.apache.org/user/2011/03/re-replication-performance-pull-vs-push/02bmh25jmr2zvvutellkuhh4symi

Hope that helps,

K.
---
http://blitz.io
@pcapr

Posted by Michael Aufreiter <ma...@zive.at>.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I managed to replicate using pull by tunneling through ssh. It worked, though it took really long.

-- Michael

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin R. Coombes" <ke...@gmail.com>.
I sometimes have problems with design documents, which depend on proper
authentication/authorization in order to replicate.  Without the
credentials, my replications may hang or crash when they get to the
design document.

     Kevin