Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/25 05:50:11 UTC

Issue with data Copy from CDH3 to CDH4

Hi all,

    We tried to pull the data from  upstream cluster(cdh3) which is running
cdh3 to down stream system (running cdh4) ,Using *distcp* to copy the data,
it was throughing some exception bcz due to version isssue.

 I wanted to know is there any solution to pull the data from CDH3 to CDH4
without manually.

What is the other approach to solve the problem.(Data are 10 PB)
 Regards,
samir.

Re: Issue with data Copy from CDH3 to CDH4

Posted by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
A bit unrelated but yet similar. Copy to sequence files data from cdh3 to
cdh4 cluster.

http://feedly.com/k/14KMYIk

Thanks

Jagat