Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Pedro F. Giffuni" <gi...@tutopia.com> on 2011/06/29 16:35:09 UTC

Re: ICU update

--- On Wed, 6/29/11, Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Tuesday, 2011-06-28 09:43:12 -0700, Pedro F. Giffuni
> wrote:
>
> > FWIW, ICU 4.8 runs out of memory when building here.
>
> How much (real+virtual) memory, which platform and
> compiler?

Well, 2G RAM + 4G swap but I think the problem is that
I am hitting a per-user system limit.

This is part of a series of updates to the OOo
external dependencies that I am doing on FreeBSD's
ports tree, so I am checking with the maintainers
and making sure I don't break other applications.
I will send a report to the list when I finish
updating my system. For now I'd recommend using
ICU 4.6.1.

Pedro.