Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jithu M <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/16 12:50:05 UTC

Installation of Apache Turbine on Windows

Hello,

I am pretty new in the Turbine development field. Most of the installation
links provided are not working in the various web portals like:

http://turbine.apache.org/meta/installation.html

Turbine development kit is out of date I think, even when I tried to
download it, most of the links take me to "404 Unavailable Page"

Please provide me the initial steps, required, like Installation and
Creating a sample tutorial please. Thank you.

Regards
Jithu Murugan

Antwort: Installation of Apache Turbine on Windows

Posted by Georg Kallidis <gk...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Jithu,

the easiest way at the moment would be to install from archetype:

mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=:turbine

Then change into generated folder and type mvn install (be aware that
groupId and artifactId contain only alphanumeric).

Currently there are only two archetypes, the most recent is 4.1-M1.

cft. https://blogs.apache.org/turbine/

Best regards, Georg

- Sorry for the META, which is for Maven 1 and closed by now (cft.
http://turbine.apache.org/ main page).

- We should really provide a 4.0-M2 artifact as soon as possible.