Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2001/10/23 12:47:55 UTC

Re: help

General Xalan usage questions are best answered on the
xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org list.  Both of these questions can be answered
by a quick reading of the XSLT spec; and indeed IExplorer is in error when
it accepts the now long-outdated WD-xsl namespace.

---- you "Gurpreet S Luthra" <gu...@e2econnect.net> wrote
----
I am using ur latest version of Xalan for doing XML to HTML conversion
using
stylesheets.

The namespace tag on my stylesheets was :
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">

This was giving a version error on Xalan although it worked fine on
IExplorer.
So I changed it to ur namespace :
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform "
version="1.0">

The XML's  then started being CORRECTLY rendered.

Now I was using another stylesheet containing "<xsl:if match =        " and
I got an error saying 'match' cannot be used with if. What does this mean ?
Xalan does'nt support this statement or it was'nt there in this namespace
or
something else?

Please help,
Thank you,