Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/08/09 17:30:14 UTC

Re: [Excalibur] DefaultPool: Could not create enough components to service your request

tom.klaasen@the-ecorp.com wrote:

> I think I get this -- but doesn't this break the contract of
> HardResourceLimitingPool? You seem to create extra resources when the pool
> is out of them. And for eg a JDBCConnection this might not be a good idea.

No.  HardResourceLimitingPool overrides the newPoolable() method that throws
an exception if the resource is not allowed to be created.

> Anyhow, I'll get the new version and put the load again on them. Should be
> done sometime tomorrow.

I did an initial test with Cocoon 2 on my machine with 200 simultaneous users,
and I couldn't break it.  Of course, I don't have an SMP machine available to
me yet--but it's hard to argue with those results.

Check my post on Cocoon-dev.