Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by jason sackett <ja...@home.com> on 2001/11/10 19:45:43 UTC

Message-ID

Hello JAMESers,

I have a question about something that I cannot find in the docs or FAQs.
I am using the file repository, JAMES version 1.2.1.
I need the Message-ID header of the mails that go out.
I get these now (usually) in a roundabout way:
I add a bcc recipient and parse that mail when it is delivered.
However, if a mail is stopped from delivery by a mailet (such as
senderinfakedomain),
the mail is not delivered to anyone, so I do not get the bcc mail to recover
the Message-ID out of.

Is there any other way anyone can think of to get the Message-ID of a mail
as it is when it leaves JAMES for (remote) delivery?

Thanks for any ideas,
Jason

Re: Message-ID

Posted by jason sackett <ja...@home.com>.
Try this:
Instead of adding delivered@localhost  to the bcc recips,
add the following to the top of the transport processor:
                    <mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
                        <repositoryPath>
file://../var/mail/localinbox/delivered/</repositoryPath>
                        <passThrough> true </passThrough>
                    </mailet>
That way, even if a later mailet stops the delivery, you 'get' the mail to
parse out the Messadge-ID.

It works :)

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>