Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/12/17 16:26:31 UTC

Release 1.0 Status - Saturday the 17th

Here is the lost of outstanding defects and their status:

In Process
GERONIMO-1364 - update welcome pages to point at HTTP redirects in the
geronimo.apache.org site
GERONIMO-1371 - Geronimo startup/shutdown issues
GERONIMO-1375 - Invalid login to console should not produce stack trace
GERONIMO-1377 - Startup Warning on tomcat - unknown default host.

Completed
GERONIMO-1363 - DayTrader still using old geronimo-spec files - applied by Matt
GERONIMO-1372 - Exception during startup - TradeEJB - Fixed per Dain
GERONIMO-1373 - DB info portlet not working correctly - Applied by Matt

I would like to get the reminaing 4 knocked out today and respin a build tonight
if all these issues are addressed or we know they will not be.  The major ones
are behind us.  It sounds like we're going to have to spin an Open EJB 2.1.0 or
some such release per the fix from Dain.

Any volunteers on the other issues?  Please assign them to yourself or send a
note in this thread with your intent so everyone knows what the others are doing.

Great work folks.  I think we're almost there.

I have to run some Christmas shopping errands this morning (EST) and will get
back on in the afternoon.  If someone needs me for some reason please feel free
to call my cell (919)656-0564.

Cheers.

Matt

Re: Release 1.0 Status - Saturday the 17th

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Ok thanks...

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
So are we ready to spin up another set of binaries now?

-dain

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
565-81F6-4DB1-AFD9-A7F74086DA04@iq80.com>

Yup...just sent out a note in a new thread.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
FYI, I put a patch out there to quiet the error notifications in
GERONIMO-1375.  It affects the security, tomcat, and jetty components in
minor ways.   Not sure if this is the best way to fix this.   However,
since invalid userid/pwd are typical failures I felt that debug messages
were more appropriate rather than warning (which is more in line with
what tomcat had anyway).

I also put a UI fix out there for the login error page which was missed
earlier when the main login page was updated to remove the links and add
the About image.  It's GERONIMO-1379 and only affects the login and
login error JSPs.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Release 1.0 Status - Saturday the 17th

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
I'll take 1377.  At this point I am no longer seeing the error after
receiving the fixes so far.  Can others please try Tomcat from head
(since this was intermittent) and see if these errors still persist?

I'll give it a few days and if I hear no issues I will close it out.

I am pretty sure it was connected since the starting of the web app
forced Tomcat to run it and it had no Host to apply it to.

Jeff